[E36] Help! Window Problems

Hi everyone,
If anyone could give me some insight on this it would be GREATLY
appreciated. I have been having problems with my drivers side window not
closing completely. My car is an E36 325i '94 (built 2/94). Here is my story:

Once per month or so window will stop 3 inches from top after one touch
closing. On next attempt at one touch closing it will close completely.
This has gone on for 8 months. window often make a creaking sound when closing.

Over the last week the window will fault as above every other time used
(twice a day). Today it will not close at all. The one touch feature does
not work at all (the motor must be drawing too much current). If I hold
down the button it will close to within 3 inches of the top and stop dead,
kind of like it is hitting a stop. Not a slowing down but a hard stop. I
added some manual power of my own and it broke free and closed. I do not
want to open it for fear I will never get it closed.

Here is the question: if the only course of action is to open up the door
and fix it, what should I replace? I would rather not do this several
times, so I am willing to buy everything that is likely to be in need of
replacement. I would guess that the regulator would be on the list, but
what else? What type of lubrication should be used? Thanks in advance.

Bart Hogan
1994 325i
1973 2002tii (turkis with sun roof)

* Bart Hogan                    *