<E36> 93 325i - 10 speaker stereo questions / diagram

Hello, All-

I own a '93 325i and have recently undertaken the task of upgrading my
stereo system.

I am using almost all recycled(from my '86 535i) components and have run
into an obstacle.  For now, I would like to use the existing wiring and
stock speakers.  I have run RCAs(front/rear) and my CD changer cable to the
trunk.  I am now in need of some assistance with understanding the common
ground speaker scheme in this car and any ramifications of wiring the
speakers in this configuration to my a/d/s pq10 amplifier (40W x 4).

Most of the postings regarding wiring diagrams and pinouts appear to be for
95 and newer models.  The connectors are quite different than those and
appear to use both a positive and negative wire per speaker.  My car has a
positive wire for each speaker but the 3 negatives for the front left are
tied together and the 3 for the right front are tied together.

I imagine the crossover points were provided by the factory amp, so I
believe I'll have to provide some crossovers if I want to tie into the
speakers at the factory amp wiring harness.  I intend on upgrading my
speakers(to MBquart) at a later date, and will run new speaker wire then,
but I'm looking for a way to get some sound out of the front speakers now
without damaging my amplifier.

I am looking for as much information as possible(naturally), but
specifically I would like:

    -wiring diagram/pinouts of the '93 10-speaker system
    -factory crossover points for front speakers
    -impedance of the front speakers
    -suggested schemes for wiring the fronts together
    -any miscellaneous theory/info on common ground wiring schemes
        (advantages/disadvantages, etc.)
    -any encouraging words or tales of woe

Thanks for any info you can provide.  (Sorry for the bandwidth - I know, I
talk too much)

Corey Helferich
'93 325i
( jchelfer@domain.elided )