Conversion questions

- --openmail-part-1bdb6fcc-00000001

I have a 1988 528e and would like to put a complete drive train into it
out of a mid-80's 535. I am only thinking about the
block/head/header/trany/driveline/diff and would be putting my
'accessories' such as alternator, ac pump, power steering and so on.
What kinds of things do I need to consider with this? If I buy a
'whole' 535 (83-87) can the computer come out and go in mine? What
about the wiring harness(s), belts, hoses, brackets, injection, intake,
manifolds and such?

I know, lots of questions, but I can't find answers on the web and lots
of shops don't 'quite' want to help me.

Steve Hodson
'88 E28 M20 (blown)

- --openmail-part-1bdb6fcc-00000001--