<E28> Re: E28 tire question

Howard,

The PO had 215-60s on 15x7 wheels. The rears occasionally touched the outer
fender. I've gone to 225-50s and ground the rear fender lips to the spot
welds. the car is also lowered by the H&R springs and has a lot less body
roll between the springs and bars. In my experience its body roll that
limits the tire size, not up and down suspension travel.

Regards,

Doug Dykaar
(Waterloo, Ontario, Canada, eh)
85 535i

     Bilstein sports, H&R springs, Dinan sway bars and chip
     225/50-15 Comp T/As on 7" rims
86 951

     8.5 and 10x17, w/ 255/40 street g-force, 275/40 street TAs
     Cup Bilsteins/springs, Fabcar A-arms, 30 mm/24 mm Andial sway bars
     C2 turbo (red) calipers with Al hats and Coleman (NASCAR) rotors
     Recaro SRD, Sabelt, Milledge chips - I'm blindingly fast, but still slow, if you know what I mean!