M3 wheels, tires

Hi all,
In case anyone wants to know : I've successfully mounted 16" rims + tires to
my 1997 M3 sedan. The 17" standard equipment is great, but at $1000 per set
of Michelins, expensive too. So, Tirerack supplied 16" Borbet type T rims,
with 5mm spacers for the front, and Michelin Pilot XGTH4's (225/50 x 16), all
for the cost of a new set of Pilot MXX3's. Works fine ! But now :
Fronts and rears are the same size, so with rotation I'll get about 40,000
miles per set, not 12,000 miles.
Noise is reduced, ride smoother, gas mileage about 2 mpg. better.
All season tread at least gets me home in the season's first snow.
I could like this car !
Doug C.,   Reno