Re: Kumho tire pressures

B. Kennedy writes:

<<  I recommend 31 or 32 to start, and then adjust down from there based on
 on rollover, under vs. oversteer, and/or tire temperatures.
 As low as 27 may be ideal. >>

IMO, unless you've got aftermarket camber compensation those pressures are
*way* low for the front and likely to lead to accelerated wear with Kumho
tires.  The key is to judge rollover using the small triangles cast on outer
tread corners.  You want the tire to rollover only to the tip of the
triangle; typically not less and certainly not more.  Based on the experience
of myself and others, I'd recommend front pressures in the low to mid 40's
and rear pressures around the mid to upper 30's for a stock M3 as a start.
The actual pressures required will depend on wheel & tire size, suspension
mods, and driving style.  It's always better to start on the high side and
work your way down as overdriving on low pressures is the quickest way to
destroy tire longetivity.  Just use the triangles on the tire sidewall to
adjust pressure accordingly and you'll get good performance from Kumho's,
both grip and wear.

If you allow the front Kumho tires to rollover past the triangle regularly
you'll cord the outer corners before their time.  My advice is to find the
optimum pressure for the front  and always maintain them at that pressure.
If you need to adjust pressure for balance do it on the rear tires.  The
rears are more wear-forgiving when the optimum pressure isn't used and you
have no other method to balance the M3 chassis.  Also, since your track
driving you'll have to be careful not to overdrive the car before the tires
warm up properly (driving pressures up in the process) as this will lead you
to believe the tires are rolling over too much, but it will really be due to
the low cold pressures.

All in my humble experience, for what it's worth.

Mark Sipe