Re: Fuel Question - HEEEEELLLLLLPPPPP!!!!!!!

I guess my explanation was not precise enough.

I wrote this:
I have a 1985 535i that has a shaky gaz gauge. The gaz level will show
the right level at startup. Once on my way, sometimes it's imidiate,
sometimes after 2-3 km. the gaz gauge falls a few notches down to show
less fuel than there really is. At the 1/4 mark the tank show empty. I
have to really on my computer to know remending mileage.
Somebody sugested it might be the onboard computer - change it and no
difference.
Anybody with ideas? please help before I run out of gaz again

Specification:
Like I said, I have to realy on the OBC's mileage remaining to know when to
fill up. The OBC's mileage remaining is very accurate. This information should
be calculated by the OBC as: [mpg] X [fuel in the tank] = mileage remaining
therefore using the information from the sender unit (the information is good
- - good sender). This would prove your theory wrong and still no solution for
me. Somebody please help. I almost ran out of gaz again yesterday

Has anybody ever seen this problem before?

HELLLLLLLLLLLLLLLP

Marc
'85 535i
377000 km