Dinan mods??

Hello,

I have a '99 328is that I have put the Dinan performance chip and cold
air intake in.  I chose the Dinan chip because I did not want to void my
warranty.  Now I run into a problem,  i want to put a high flow exhaust
on.  The Dinan exhaust is $1K and only gains about 6hp, where other
exhaust system for the same price give greater hp increase.  I have read
that the chip goes out of tune when adding other parts, i know that the
dealer needs to upload new software if I add the Dinan exhaust.  What
will happen if I add an exhaust from another vendor?  Any other
suggestions welcome.

Thanks,

Josh