[E36] [M3 Sedan] Foreign substance in motor oil @ 31Kmi - PLEASE READ !!!!!

Hello Digesters,

I have a dilemma and hope someone can shine some light for me.  For the last
8 months, I've been discovering very small amounts of a "gaskety?" redish
substance in the notches of the disptick.  This used to happen every 5-10th
time I checked oil.  Over time, it started to happen more often.  To the
tune of virtually every time I check oil.  Last week I brought the ///M into
Conrours Motors in Glendale WI and my service advisor Scott Leitzke was able
to duplicate the problem.  He has also scheduled the BMW Field Tech to see
the car on Monday 7/19.  I would like to try to be as informed as possible
when I take the car there next week.....

To me this looks like something is breaking down in the motor, but what ?
Appears to be a gasket, but which one ?  Has ANYONE seen anything like this
before ?

Please CC: geo@domain.elided when replying to this post.

TIA
GMK '97 M3 sedan (Mequon WI)  bone stock, x-brace