AirFlow Meter

This is concerning a BMW hesitation Problem that I'v been having for a few
months now, some mechanic sugested to change the "AirFlow Meter" he said it's
not working or not functioning probaply I don't know if I should trust him or
not, every time I go to a mechanic they tell me different story about the
hesitation problem, once I took it to the BMW dealer for check up and they
told me it's the transmission, I had some transmission shop check it for me
and they said there is nothing wrong with the transmission but its some
engine problem. The AirFlow meter is kind of expensive 300 dollars for
electrical and it's not refundable so if it turns out that it's not the
problem I will lose the money. I tried to test the AirFlow meter following
the Hanyes Automative manual repair, using the Ohmmeter but the result were
negative and I didn't get the steady resistant when checked the ECU in the
glove box., is there a better way to find out that the AirFlow meter is not
functioning right, is the AirFlow meter really matter to hesitation and lack
of power problems.
Please rush me an answer because it's hard to  come up with a straight unswer
from mechanics unless if someone had a simmilar problem.

Moe