OBC not working

Hi all,
My OBC hasn't worked since I bought my 1990 525i over a year ago. I cannot
get anything to display on the screen. I tried disconnecting the battery
for a few minutes then reconnecting and attempting to put in the security
code, but I can't see any signs of a code being registered. Also the
display backlite was intermittent and now is completely off, as is the
illumination behind the keypads. I removed the OBC yesterday and replaced
all three lights, but they still don't come on. Is the OBC bad, might it
have a bad solder joint somewhere inside for the illumination? Even when
the illumination was working I still couldn't get a readout. any help would
be appreciated.

End of bmw-digest V9 #1154