86/87 535I auto transmission - AGAIN!

Hi, I'm looking for help with the tranny again (plus a couple of smaller
items.  Mine is a late in the year 1986 with the 87 electronics
transmission.

This time I have lost 4th gear (at least it's not the whole thing again
- -- yet), and the little "1-2-3" light on the dashboard has come on.

I'd like to hear from someone who is truly expert on this transmission.
and I'd love a manual for the transmission, and/or I'd like to find a
replacement known to be in great shape.  Thanks for your help.

Also, my cruise control has stopped working.

If anyone has a shop manual, I'd be interested in that too.

Thanks.

Peter Lange
Thompson, CT
86 535i