HELP - I'm locked out & I can't get in!

The drivers door on my 86 e28 is locked and I can not unlock it.  For the=20
last few months the key lock on the drivers door would work but didn't feel=20
quite right.  When I turned the key, the door would unlock but the other=20
locks were slow in unlocking.

Fast forward to yesterday.  I turned the key to unlock the door and it went=20
past the point where it should stop. I could not unlock the door.  Kind of=20
like it will do in real cold weather.  I had to use my trunk to unlock the=20
doors.  That unlocked all the locks.  When I got home I couldn't use the=20
drivers door key to lock the doors. I had to use the trunk again.  Now when =
I=20
got up this morning, out of habit I put the key in the drivers door to open=20
the car.  It turned hard at first then turned a full 90 degrees but still=20
would not open the doors. I turned the key back and it went a full 90 degree=
s=20
in the other direction.  Now the key will turn a full 180 degrees with no=20
resistance. I tried to unlock the doors from the trunk.  Everything unlocked=20
except for the drivers door. I opened the back door and tried to pull up on=20
the lock button on the front door.  It wouldn't budge.  Now the only way to=20
get in the car is by crawling over the passenger seat.  No fun.

My lock situation is:

1.    Drivers door =97 key will turn a full 90 degrees in both directions bu=
t=20
no resistence. From inside the lock button will not pull up at all. Door wil=
l=20
not open!

2.    The trunk =97 key will lock and unlock all the locks except for the=20
drivers door.

3.    Passenger door =97 key will unlock all the locks except for the driver=
s=20
door. Key will only lock the passenger door.

How can I get to fix the drivers lock if I can't open the door. I can't=20
remove the door panel if I can't open the door.  Will I have to cut thru the=20
door panel to try to get to the lock mechanism? It is embarrassing to pull u=
p=20
in my BMW and have to climb over the passenger seat to get out of the car. I=20
guess valet parking is out of the question.