Hood dent and scratches

To all Digester,

I have a 99' <E46> 323i, and it was vanalized by  jelous neihgbor,
      unfortunately. He apparently took a stone in his hands and hit the hood
      (kind of side ways) leaving a dent and a few minor scratches on the hood,
      on the passenger side above the fender. The fender was not damaged.

I said apparently becasue I did not see him but he is my primary and only
      suspect.

Can anyone provide advice on how to fix a small dent and 3 scratches on the hood
      without recurring to the dealer and having the whole hood repainted.

Being a faithfull reader of this digest, I know that this  topic has been posted
      before, but I did not follow it because I had refused to believe it would
      happen to me.

Anyhow any advice is appreciated.

TIA,

JN