Squeaky wheel

Several months ago I say a post re squeaky steering wheel.  Had the same
problem.  First trip to dealer was a lube job at bottom end of steering
column -- nada.  Second trip revealed a broken tab on the slip ring in the
steering wheel.  Dealer said they would order a new steering wheel and
replace -> $800.00.  Bad design (Hans must'a been in das Bierstube that
night), but good service (under warranty) at Sandia BMW (ABQ, NM).  But,
of course, it's not on the car yet.  To be continued ...

Also: anyone know the speed limit on the Natchez Trace -- it's been 20+
years since I've been on it, and I can't even remember what I had for
dinner last night ... limited access?  Planning an east coast trip.

TIA
Stu Burness
98 M3/4 (15K going on 20K)