RE: [E36] Moving to synthetic, any precautions?

On Mon, 5 Jul 1999, at 23:03:31 -0700, Jason Surprise wrote:

>I am planning on moving my 94 325i with 56000 miles to synthetic soon,
>and am wondering if there are any precautions I should take before
doing
>this?  The car has been serviced regularly with 10w-30 it's entire
life.
>I plan on moving to Mobil 1 and will be doing the job myself.

Just do it. I switched my '85 635CSi and Ford Aerostar to synthetic at
100K miles. The only thing I've noticed is the Ford's oil pressure
returned to "as new" levels when I switched from Mobil 1 to Castrol
Syntec.  Some have reported increased leaking from worn seals and
attribute this to synthetics' greater ability to "creep" into tight
spaces. YMMV

Bob Kegel
'70 2002
'85 635 CSi