re: M3 Coupe

Like all M car iterations, when new base models appear, (such as E46
replacing E36) there is a period in which the high performance cars are not
produced: like the period from 1992-1994, when the E30 M3 stopped production
in 1991(?) in preparation for the 1995-99 E36 M3. I think that this period
from 2000 - 2001(2002?) will be that time when BMW prepares for the release
of the new E46 M3. Obviously that would include the stopping of production
on the E36 M3/4dr. I did speak to my dealer who heard that the new M3 will
likely be sold in the 2nd half of 2001 as a year 2002 model - but that is
just speculation.

the M Roadster and M Coupe continue to be sold because they are based on the
Z3 and not the 3 series, which is not undergoing a major redesign. (the 2000
model Z3 rear end touchup will not affect the M models of the Z series)

Aaron Young
97' E36 M3/4dr
87' E30 325e