E30 325 Convertable Questions

Greetings,
I have recently replaced the motor for the convertable top for my E30.  I believe I have everything timed okay.  However, I am curious if there are any gotchas that I should be aware of.  Also, I need to know the "secret handshake" to get the top working again.  After disengaging the motors and then re-engaging them after the RnR they will not work.  I am guessing there is some button to push to make them work again.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Please respond directly to me and to the list.

Thanks in advance,
Rick