sudden shutdown..no start condition ='ed loose grounds

pardon me , but i was corresponding with a gentleman on one of the bmw
lists about engine just dying , no start...and we were sharing ideas...i
had noticed his post and responded that i was working on a cusomers car
with simular symptoms...

 i found the problem to be a loose ground...on my repair...took a while,
but the nut on the stud holding the 6 wires, three each crimped with an
"eye" stud = two grounds connected to this stud,,,they worked in the
circuit with the combi-relay that causes ingnition, and injector
triggering...with out these grounds,,,no workie

the symptoms ...tach jumps around...jerky acceleration...and then...no
workie at all...dead on the side of the road...

and the main symptom..."buzzing [aka arcing of the points]"
combi-replay...should just be a click when the ket turned to the number
two position

richard, frugal wrench

ps..this look 15 hours of time, phone calls, net searching, manuals, etc

since this was in my "education" and a greymarket car that no one else
would touch in my area
i liked the challange...

i have billed my single parent mom,who blindly bought a grey market,
[neat car btw] i hour labor...
the other 14 hours i am paid in experience, business contacts, a nd a
loyal customer