Re: Maintenance-free battery?

All lead acid batteries operate the same as far as the car is concerned.
The alternator knows nothing about the battery.  It only knows 14 volts and
so much current.  The special BMW batteries fit better and vent properly
outside the car which is why they should be used.

Gary Derian <gderian@domain.elided>