E30 A/C problem

I own a 1990 325is and recently had some A/C work done
on it.  In the end (after replacing several parts) I
ended up biting the bullet and converting to the
newer, environmentally friendly freon system.  My
question is this:  The blower works fine for a period
of about 15-20 minutes, then I notice a drop in vent
volume.  If I step up the blower it still does not
come out of the vents, in fact it sounds as if it is
staying within the dash.  If I turn the A/C off or
return to the car later in the day, it is back to full
blow.

Before I take it back to the repair shop to have them
look it over I would appreciate any ideas on what the
problem could be caused by.  I am sure it will be the
classic case of bring ing it to the shop and not being
able to replicate the problem.

Any help would be appreciated.

Peter S.