Re: DME Mixture Switch ---- my experience in an 83 533

l Quality Switch. (Settings are sequential, turning the
> switch clockwise from #1)
> 1. Stock
> 2. 3% increase in injector open time, no timing change
> 3. 3% decrease in injector open time, no timing change
> 4. 6% increase in injector open time, no timing change
> 5. 3% increase in injector open time, 2.78 degrees retard
> 6. 3% decrease in injector open time, 2.78 degrees retard
> 7. 6% increase in injector open time, 2.78 degrees retard
>
> Having neither the expertise nor instruments to evaluate changes I have
> not mucked with mine. YMMV

I had an 83 533 that had a very bad lean/surge problem from the day it was
new. The dealer never could make it run to my satisfaction while it was
under warranty. After about 100,000 miles I read about this switch in a
Roundel issue and changed it I thought to number three, maybe after reading
this it would have been number two or four. The car ran the best it had ever
run --- much steadier acceleration especially if you were not full throttle.
I guess the above numbers are correct,  I thought I remembered them a little
different. Of course this has been over ten years ago. The switch is in the
computer box, and it was a small dial , mine was above the glove box. I
think  the article was in the glove box when I sold the car a couple of
years ago with over 250,000 miles on it.  I guess I am getting older.

Ernest