<E30> Help with removing transmission/lowering

Hi all,

Sorry for the cross-post but I need help...

I hope your weekend is going better than mine...I've just spent the better
part of saturday trying to get to the top three "infamous" bolts on the
tranny of my '87 325is to remove the tranny and get at the clutch!

Rob the "Hack Mechanic" had an excellent series of articles that I've
studied, but when I take his advice and try to lower the subframe for more
clearance...it won't release...the front releases but the rear hangs up...it
just won't drop...I've lowered the tranny as far as I can & it's IMPOSSIBLE
to get at two of the three remaining bolts(the one on top of the starter, and
the uppermost torx head bolt...once I remove these bolts the tranny should be
ready to pull out!

Does anyone have any tips for me on how to remove the tranny that have
changed the clutch on a 2.5L 168hp 3-series?  Any help MOST APPRECIATED!!!

Regards,subframe

John Weese
Landisville, PA