<E30> Replaced Belts- Still Squealing!

>Several bloody knuckles and one stripped bolt later I have replaced the
>fan/alt, A/C, and power steering belts on my 1990 325i

>I replaced them because they were making this repetitive squealing sound.
>They are still making the sound! Too loose I thought. so I tightened them.
>Still with the noise.

<STUFF DELETED>

I had a similar problem with the A/C belt, as it turned out it was because
of the
compressor base. Through time it had tilted a little and the belt was making
the noise from the friction of the belt on the side walls of the pulley.
Once the compressor was aligned, the noise went away.

D.

End of bmw-digest V9 #1138