'92 [e36/m50] vibrations

In the last 30 miles of driving my '92 325i (e36 - 92,000 miles) I have been
experiencing a vibration (It has gotten worse with time). This vibration in only
present when the vehicle is coasting (less prominent when into the throttle, or
braking). It is present whether in neutral or in gear (manual trans) and it's
frequency and amplitude are dependent upon the vehicle speed (The frequency and
amplitude get larger with speed). I've observed that the noise and vibration
will stop when the vehicle is turned left, but gets worse when turned right. The
vibration can be felt in the seat and body, not through the steering wheel. I
checked for a stuck rear caliper, no luck. I was thinking a left rear wheel
bearing, or CV joint, maybe the diff. Any ideas, or similar experiences ?

     Michael Cari