Alternative Alternator? >>>>>L200247

The 02 was happy... until the alternator died on Sat... Blech! And we've
been having sane weather here, unlike last year's El Nino!

I have been driving around with the red light showing on the console
thinking it was the mechanic's mistake of not plugging in that wire when
he had recently changed the clutch. My bad. It was my fault for not
taking care of it sooner. The alternator was telling me that it was
running low on juice and finally gave way on Sat.

Been doing a bit of mods to make the 02 look a little "sporty", like the
new H4's I got for it with 12V 100/80 W. Mega Brite-White's. (don't
worry, I'm not blinding the people ahead of me) and I think those bulbs
were not being supported by the stock alternator. I've heard of upgrades
for the 02's alternator... like putting in a 5 series or was it a 6
series alternator in the 02? Can anyone represent? S.O.S.! I plan on
working on the 02 early this week.

Thanks Bimmerbuddies!

Lisa
02 princess