<E30> Re: Back-Up Light Switch

In a message dated 6/20/99 11:05:49 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
owner-bmw-digest@domain.elided writes:

<< could the wires
 going back from the switch be chafed and coming into contact with the body?
 im really stumped here, and pulling the fuse every time i have to back up is
 really becoming annoying. i GREATLY appreciate any help anyone can give me.

Check the wires going to the switch on the transmission...based on what I've
seen it would appear they could indeed get "pinched" somewhere along the trip
between the shifter and the switch...assuming you have that kind of setup.
Since the problem only occurs when putting the car in reverse, I think you
are on the right track.

Good luck,

John Weese
Landisville, PA