E34 Tires

After lurking around the digest for a couple of months, I finally found and
purchased a '94 525i yesterday. The only thing the car needs are new tires,
as the old ones are almost to the minimum tread depth, they don't match front
to back, and neither type of tire is to my liking (Dunlop D60A2 in front,
Goodyear Eagle GA in back.) Does anyone have recommendations? This will be a
street only daily driver that will have to deal with Seattle rain. I enjoy a
spirited drive and want a tire that can support this, but I also don't want
to be Chip Hanauer (hydroplane driver.) Also, can I change from the 205/65-15
to 225/60-15? I know they are within 5 mm of each other in overall diameter,
but would the extra width create any clearance problems?

Thanks,

Robert
'94 525i (finally)
'71 Corvette Roadster