E34 Electrical Auxiliary Fanand the Haynes manual

Hi All,
	I just found out that my auxiliary fan has frozen up, from the looks of
it, it seems to have been frozen for quite a while since I'm not able to
budge it in either direction.  What gave it away was the rise in engine
temperature when in idle, more so when I had the AC on.  To make a long
story short, I used the Haynes manual as a reference to remove the fan
which I figured should only take about 30 minutes. What the manual doesn't
tell you is that you literally have to remove the front bumper in order to
remove the fan. This would not have been so bad had I known that from the
beginning! However, with the little information provided by the Haynes
manual, it took me almost two hours to finally figure it out.

	My questions are where can I obtain a replacement auxiliary, either OEM or
after-market at a reasonable cost.
Also can anyone tell me where the two thermal sensors (low/high speed fan
switches) are located.

Thanks
Mario

1990 BMW 525I