<ALL> Radio Code

In BMW Digest v09.n1127 Brent Williams <baw2@domain.elided> wrote:

> Hey everyone, I replaced my battery with an aftermarket battery, and
> of course my head unit now requires a code.  My father fiddled with
> it and now it won't take the code.  I took it to the dealership and
> they told me I had to run the car for 65 min. so that it could clear
> the memory.  Is this true? I tried it and it didn't work.

You need to have the radio on for 65 minutes, then enter the code.
It is not necessary to start the engine.  Use the RADIO position
of the ignition switch (LOCK, RADIO, IGNITION, START).

> Can I just unhook the battery and wait a little while?  Then hook
> it back up and enter the code?

No.  The code protection is designed to thwart 'code-dialing' attacks;
you get three tries every 65 minutes.

Curt Ingraham
'72 2002tii
Oakland, California