87 325 AC compressor question

Hello all....

I'm wondering if I can safely remove the belt to the AC compressor.  It does
not work anyway and I don't plan to get it repaired.  Not very useful up here
on Lake Superior anyway.....only warm a couple months of the year.

My thoughts are that it could provide some minor power improvements and
that I could turn on the AC without the compressor load anyway and use the
electric fan up front for additional cooling???

Please let me know if I'm nuts or if anyway every does this.

Thanks

Tim Shandonay
87 325 (163k)