<All> BMW wins Le Mans/Flying Mercedes

Hi

As most of you probably know the BMW V12 LMP car took first overall (and 6th
??) at Le Mans. They may have lead the entire way. They were ahead while I
was watching and the race was only 10 hours old.

Also when anyone finds a video clip of the Airborne Mercedes Werks car
please alert the digest. In case you did not see this, one of the Mercedes
Werks cars got airborne due to aerodynamic problems. This thing went close
to 50 feet in the air doing mutliple flips in the air and landed (after
hitting some tree tops) completly off the track.

This event made the flying Porsche GT1 of Yannick Dalmas at Road Atlanta
look like a walk in the park.

Mercedes withdrew all the these cars after this. Luckily the pilot (I bet he
felt like one) of this car was not injured. It was to bad as I am sure these
cars would have given BMW a run for their money.

Way to go BMW!!

Thanks

Don Stevenson/BMWCCA Boston Chapter

1988 325IS, (to much to list), should have stayed the street car.

1987 325IS, project, should have been the track car.

1988 Volvo 240 Wagon 5 Speed (green alloy wheels)