RE: Craig's Rough Engine

After replacing a water pump I had the same problem/symptoms for half an hour.
Turned out to be that we left the wire off the temperature sensor at the front
of block causing engine to think it was cold and adjusting fuel accordingly.
This cause plugs to carbon foul making starting hard (if not impossible).

Solutions:
Pull plugs, see if they are black. May need to clean or replace with known
good ones.
Check wire and thermosensor/temperature sensor.

David Wolf
84 318 (76 short block, 2litre; 80 head) 195,000
83 528e .28Gm