Re: [E36M3] New Web Site and Product....

Well Sean, in my opinion, the tradition of the UUC is not to copy and
capitalize on other people's ideas.  Your (and Kenny's) heat shield looks
awefully like the one I made now, doesn't it? You know, the one that was
pictured on the BMW M Power website for the first half of this year? I'm
sure it works quite well at reducing the hot air ingested by the intake
(especially with the weatherstrip idea that I put on my shield).

By the way, regarding the filter mount that you made, have you done any
flowbench testing to verify that your mounting configuration doesn't hurt
the overall system airflow (all you need is a $10,000 flowbench)?  You did
consider that, right?  I'm sure you also used the proper diameter and
length tubing for the mass air meter to maintain the factory calibration
and accuracy ('cause you thought of that and got the specs from Bosch).

Nick