528e, problems

Hi everybody,

can somebody please give me an advice what to do?
I have (recently bought) 528e, 1984 year. I have already mentioned that I
love it and that it's running great...

Now what happend -- the tail pipe fell off! Completely... I have got the
pipe (did not lose it)... can somebody suggest a way (cheap?) to fix this
problem? How much is it to repair?

Also -- I have been experiencing little ticking in the engine recently
(last 2 weeks). It is louder when I start it, then it becomes quiet (but
you can still hear the ticking (tick-tick-tick)... Any ideas, suggestions?

Your help will be appreciated,

With kind regards,

- --Jan