Re: 533i Over heating

My advice is to do try a cheap solution first.  Drain the coolant, take out the
radiator and give the fins a thorough cleaning.  A pressure wash sprayer works
best.  You can also use a self service car wash sprayer to avoid  renting a
pressure sprayer.  A high pressure stream from my garden hose worked for me.
Repeated overheating tends to stress the thermostat element so it might be
worthwhile to replace it while the coolant is drained.  Even if you don't have a
major cooling problem, cleaning the fins will help any high mileage vehicle run
better that has the original radiator.

D. A. Smith