325 iX Questions -- Help!

Everyone,

My dad is currently in the market for a new car.  We are located in
Northern Michigan, and he will be without winter transportation as soon as
the snow flies (when my sister will start driving his 4wd Toyota T100 to
college).  Since he wants to still have 4wd for the winter, I suggested a
325iX for him, basically because I want a BMW in the driveway (see below).

Questions are:

- ---Is the 325iX as reliable as other BMWs, assuming it has been relatively
well-maintained??  Most of these cars have 150k on them already, and I dont
want it to be a money-pit.

- ---Where in the heck can I find one????  I know they are rare cars, and we
dont have the time to drive out to Colorado or somewhere to pick one
up......I am tempted to put a "wanted" ad in the Traverse City paper
here...price is not that big of a factor---we'd pay a fair price ($10-12k)
for a nice one if I could find just find one!!!

- ---Which engine does the iX have?  Is it the 121 hp I-6 or the 168 hp I-6?

- ---What kind of performance can be expected with the 5 speed and the auto?
Is it real doggy withthe extra weight of the 4wd?  I know the auto is more
common, and this would be a concern if it was extremely doggy.

We drove a 1990 735i (different animal:>) yesterday that my dad really
liked, but with rear-drive, he is not extremely excited about using it as a
winter vehicle.  I am tying to find an iX, but if by the end of the summer
I cannot locate one, he might go with a 7 series (he figures if he is going
rear-drive, he might as well get the big one!)  Either that or he will go
out and buy a Jeep, which I dont want!

Any info is greatly appreciated, email me direct at mac5ffmi@domain.elided if
you would like to.  If anyone knows of an iX for sale in my area,
**please** let me know!

I was on this list a few months back and everyone helped me out a great
deal regarding info on the older 5 series.  Unfortunately, I can't afford a
second car right now, so that has gotten put on hold for the time
being.....I do appreciate all the help you guys gave me though.  However, I
still want to see a BMW in the driveway.......

Thanks to all!

Ben