E36 irritation

Hi,

I have recently purchased a new (99) E36 318IS Coupe here in the UK.   Very
recently I have noticed a slight creaking coming from the parcel shelf and
I was wondering is this usual given the normal high standards of BMW's
build quality and if it is a popular problem is there a fix for it as it
does tend to detract from the overall image of the car.   I have once
returned the car to the dealer to have them try to resolve the issue, this
fix lasted for about 30mins and is now slowly getting worse.

Any ideas or comments would be gratefully received.

Thanks

Matt Baker
99 318IS
89 320ISE