Re: Borbet Wheels for E30

In a message dated 5/28/99 5:49:25 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
owner-bmw-digest@domain.elided writes:

<< 	I am looking for a new set of wheels for my 1987 325is. I am have
 researched just about all wheel brands, and have narrowed it down to 3
 choices, the TSW Imolas, the Moda M1's and the Borbet Type E. My question
is:
 does anyone know if the Borbet Type E wheels are made in a 16x7.5" size to
 fit my car? Any help and or experience would be very helpful.
 Thanks in advance,
 jghiglier@domain.elided

Based on my recent experience with my son's '86 325es, the 16" x 7.5"(or
7"?)Borbet wheels will most likely fit, even if the car is lowered like my
son's...the Borbet's have a 30mm (ET30) offset I understand(better check to
be safe)...the 16" x 7.5" TSW Hockenheim R's are suppose to fit the E30
'325es, but they rub...may be the 205/50/ZR16 tires...but it is the 20mm
(ET20) offset and the Eibach Pro-Kit lowered springs in all likelihood..we
have no choice other than to roll the fenders and hope that takes care of it.

There are alot of variables on each car that can make the tires rub or be
just fine...I am finding out that it is a difficult thing to plan for!

Good luck,

John Weese
Nittany Bimmers
BMW CCA #76646