<E24> Steering Wheel Shake

My 88, M6's steering wheel has a slight shake, only on roads with a
washboard surface and when the speed is just right.  It may be just a
characteristic of the body and the heavy air bag steering wheel. This is not
the dreaded wheel shimmy, I have all the upgrades installed for that,
balanced tires, E32 lower control arm bushings, etc.  It's a vertical
steering wheel shake!!
I believe this became most noticeable when I installed Dinan springs some 6
years ago.
Are their other 6 series coupes with this characteristic?
Is this shake only on the E24's with air bags?
Is there someone with stock tires and springs that has the same steering
wheel shake on their 635?
Thanks in advance,
Rod..
- ---