Hard Driving

Experts and experienced E36 M3 drivers...

I recently purchased a 99 M3.  For me, a large part of the decision to get
the M3 was based on two things 1) my desire to have a car in which I could
downshift at a fairly decent clip and blast off AND
2) my perception that the M3 would be up to the task.

I would like to know from you more experienced owner/drivers what are
reasonable downshift scenarios.  I mean, is it reasonable to consider
downshifting from 5th to 3rd doing 65? 75?
I want a hard driver, that will reward me with longevity if maintained well.

So, where does one draw the line between good hard driving and abuse?

Keithan