Date: Wed, 19 May 1999 16:26:48 -0400
From: Ed Walters <EdW@domain.elided>
Subject: <E36> Front Bushing Alternatives?

The front control arm bushings are shot in my father's 1996 328is after 64k
miles.  After reading Brett A.'s replacement procedure, I'm sure I can do
the job.  Thanks Brett.

What alternatives are there to the stock whimpy bushing?  Does the M3 have a
heavy duty version?  Are there aftermarket poly bushings?

Also note, the local stealer quoted over $210 each for a bushing/bracket
assembly plus about one hour labor and said that the bushing is not sold
separately. Nearly $500 for bushings installed sounds silly to me.

Ed
Ed Walters
teamdfle28@domain.elided