JC'd 2.5l (E36) vs Stock 2.8l (E39 Dual Vanos)

Life was easy around here when my wife had her Peugeot 505 Wagon.  Her 528i
Touring ('99 w/Dual Vanos) is causing problems in our relationship.  :-)

The other day she took my car for a while and came back saying how slow it
seemed compared to hers.  Maybe she was pulling my chain, but I snuck out in
her car later to do a butt check.  I have to admit that the low end in the
528 definitely grunts more than my sharked 325i, but there is no rush at the
higher revs like in the 325.  So... my car is better, right?

What I would really like to see is the torque and HP curves for the two
engines.  Does anyone have them, and can you send them to me (not to the
list, please).  Jim....?

Thanks.

Jay Kenty

Gonna have to upgrade soon.  Don't know how long I can stand this.