Help!!! How to Torque Ball Joint Nut/Bolt?

I'm installing new thrust & control arms.  At outer end (containing ball
joint), the nut/bolt that link the arm to the steering joint is spec'd to
be tightened to 63ft-lbs.  However, the bolt (part of the ball joint)
rotates freely, as a ball joint should.  So how do I tighten the nut?!  The
new arms came with "nylock" (sp?) nuts, not cotter-pin type nuts.  I
screwed one on, can't fully tighten and can't back it off either.  There's
no apparent place on the balljoint-side of the link to place a wrench and
lock-out bolt motion.  This seems like a dumb question, but I'm stuck.

Help - I want to get the car back together ASAP!  Thanks.

o/______\o    AxMan
(oo_OO_oo)   '88 535i
[]o----o[]   125K miles, sharked on Thanksgiving!