Cosmoline Removal

I sent this to the Porsche list...the info might be helpful to those on
this list as well.  SD

I find Oil Flo Safety Solvent and Wurth Citrus Degreaser the 2 best
products for removing cosmoline (Zymol Strik is a little too costly and no
more effective).

For first pass, I let the product sit on the surface for 15-20 minutes (I
typically use the Oil Flo as it can be purchased in more economical 1
gallon containers) and wash the surface with a 800-1000psi wide spray from
a power washer (if you're fortunate enough to have a hot water washer, set
the temp to around 180F, higher if there are no plastics in the area you're
cleaning).  This should remove most of the heavy paraffin like debris.  For
second pass, I'll use another shot of cleaner and some very fine (0000)
steel wool to loosen the rest of the coating. Rinse again with water.
Final pass with cleaner (this time either P21 Total Wash or Wurth Degreaser
cut 2:1) and a cloth rag.  Final rinse and dry.   I find this procedure
effective.   SD

Steve D'Gerolamo - The Ultimate Garage
201-262-0412 / steved3@domain.elided / http://www.ultimategarage.com