<All> Metric Hardware

Hi

I know a bunch of you have thought about this. You go to a hardware store
looking for Metric nuts, bolts and washers. When you are lucky enough to
find a place that carry these they are expensive right?

Then there are the places like Harbor Freight that sells these bundles (like
900 or 1000 pieces) of nuts, bolts and washers for cheap money (in a plastic
cabinet), but usually not metric.

THey do now. For $50 plus shipping they sell a 908 piece set of metric
stuff.

8MMX25 to 16MMX80 on the bolts, 8,10,12,16MM nuts and all corresponding
washers both flat and lock.

This comes out the around 5.5 cents each. From what I have seen, you pay
around 20 to 35 cents (or more) for most metric nuts and bolts of any size.

This seems like a good deal to me for your basic BMW repair jobs. Does
anyone agree or have a better source for a bundle like this?

SteveD? how about you.

The non metric stuff thay claim is grade five. The catalog does not mention
the grade of this stuff. I am not suggesting these should be used in place
of high stress pieces or the nylocks, but for general repairs.

Any comments??

Thanks

Don Stevenson/BMWCCA Boston Chapter

1988 325IS, (to much to list), should have stayed the street car.

1987 325IS, project, should have been the track car.

1988 Volvo 240 Wagon 5 Speed (green alloy wheels)