RE: 91 535i Vibration Problem

Chris,

There was a similar vibration in my 89 525i. The vibration came along
with my new winter tires. I got those rebalanced, to no avail. When
I then changed back to normal tires this spring, the vibration was
gone. So, I concluded that there must be something wrong with the
winter tires and got them checked for one more time. The outcome
was that they were slightly out of round.

Hope this helps.
Rgs,

Sami Sarelius

- -------------
Chris wrote:

Hello fellow BMW lovers!

This is my first posting to the list. I participate in a similar
list for my 928, and hope this experience will be as fruitful!

I have a '91 535i auto with a slight vibration problem at 65 mph.
I had the tires balanced, and that did not improve the situation.
Anyone ever have a problem with driveshaft balancing resulting in
a vibration like this one?