E30 Rear Tires

Just wondering what the largest tire anybody has fit in the rear of an E30
325.  I want to see if I can cram something in the 225 or even 235 range
tire-of coarse with some "massaging" done to the fenders.  These will also be
on 17" wheels.  If somebody has done anything outragous like this, I would
like to know. Please tell me what size tire and rim you ran, and also how
much you altered the fenders.  You can email responses directly to me to
avoid wasting more bandwith.  Thanks!

Bob
MidPerfHQ.@domain.elided