Re: more bass for 3 series

owner-bmw-digest@domain.elided writes:

<< From: SRManey@domain.elided
 Subject: E46 Business Stereo needs more Bass

 Hello,

 I like the stock stereo in my ''99 3 series to a point.... Not enough low
 bass for me... Would anyone recommend an easy bolt on/off solution for my
 leased car (don't want any permanent changes) ?

 Steve
~~~~~ There IS an easy way!. Just buy one of those "tube" self-amplified
(amplifier built in) subwoofers that have the flat "feet" on the bottom (AKA:
Bazookas) and send a wire to one of your rear deck speakers. It takes the
already amplified signal and amplifies it again. It has a gain control and a
crossover control. I paid $139 and it took 15 minutes to wire into rear deck
speaker. I spent an extra $14 and got a "choke" to wire inline so it only
gets frequencies BELOW 120 cycles. Works like a champ. I have 2 of them I use
in various vehicles. You do have to run a power/auto detect wire to the
radio, so you MAY want to have the radio shop do the wire channeling. I had
them do eveything and they charged me $50 bucks. When ever you want, you can
disconnect the inline PLUG and just put the sucker in your trunk so nobody
can see it, not that anyone would cause it sits on the floorwell of the back
seat.

Randy
cookies@domain.elided
BMW CCA member