Re: <E30> left turn signal is doing double time

In a message dated 4/30/99 3:30:41 PM PST, "Geiger RR" <geiger@domain.elided>
writes:

>  This winter myt left turn signal started signal approximately twice as fast
>  as normal.

This is usually the sign of something interfering with those darn electrons
flowing freely.  If it were my car (and it has been a few times), I would
take out the offending bulb, scuff it and the socket up with some Scotchbrite
(here is an important safety tip -- do not, repeat, do not put the
Scotchbrite back into the kitchen holder that it came from as this can cause
severe reactions from those you share your abode with).  Ok, now clean off
the left over dust with some electrical contact cleaner.  Wurth or CRC seem
to work best for me.

This will probably do it.  If it does not -- continue on with the suggestions
Norm gave you.

Regards,

Kirk Lachman, VP
Sin City Chapter